Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Kilpatrick Hills

This is country walk no. 2. Much more strenuous and tick-free (yay!) But this might have been due to this unfashionable precaution:

Anyway, it worked. Now Old Kilpatrick is a 17-minute train ride from my house. That means that within 25 minutes from walking out my front door, I am here:

And although the sheep are quaint, I realize this doesn't look like much. At 9:30 in the morning, there was a lot of fog. But as I climbed those Kilpatrick Hills, this is how things started to look:

I had always fancied walking across a heather-strewn moor, but this stuff was exhausting---however beautiful. And the numerous sheep (and their droppings) made me kind of nervous. (Although I soon learned they were far more skiddish of me than I was of them.) I took lots of pictures and the one below is not even from the top, but on my journey down. According to the experienced hill walker I met at the cairn at the pinnacle of the walk, it is a view of the Clyde and some of the Islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment