Tuesday, July 21, 2009

42 days and counting

Well, here I am. 42 days away to taking off for Europe and the UK! These days I am busy getting all the paperwork together for my student visa application. Wow, what a process! You'd think I was trying to get away with something, but really all I want to do is spend my money in your country and get a degree!


I am also busy spending time with friends and enjoying the city. Last night, a friend and I had tasty burgers at the famous Shake Shack http://shakeshack.com/ and then took a lovely walk around Central Park (to burn off some of that burger!). We discovered the Shakespeare Garden-- lovely and unexpected with lots of flowers and red-breasted robins hopping around and looking picturesque on the wooden fence. Took in the view from Belvedere Castle and strolled around the Great Lawn while watching fireflies rise from the green grass. Summertime magic!

2 comments:

  1. So that was the Shakespeare Garden? It really was lovely. And I'd have thought you were exaggerating about the red-breasted robins hopping around had I not seen them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cool! Can't wait to read more about your new adventure! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete