Sunday, September 6, 2009

On the fietspad


Today my sister, her fiance and I rode our bikes to the local pancake house called De Oase. Very fitting that a place you can eat Dutch pancakes and drink beer would be "The Oasis"! After lunch, my sister and I went on a hike in the nearby park. The pancake house is actually just outside the entrance. That is one of the wonderful things about Europe (at least I've found it in Northern Europe). One moment you can be doing something outdoorsy and athletic and the next you are setting yourself down for major carbohydrates and beer. Cheers!

My sister and I took a bike path (fietspad) home that goes through some park land which contains many old estates. I thought this would be a good spot to pose for a picture. Nice Dutch bike, nice Dutch architecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment