Monday, September 14, 2009

Pedal for Scotland (or How I Nearly Died Riding 51 Miles Yesterday)







Okay, I am exaggerating. I did not nearly die or even kind of come close to it. But this 51 mile bike ride between Glasgow and Edinburgh was quite painful at times. It was also exhilarating at other times. Slow, slow painful climbs up hills that seemed to go on forever and swish, swish fast flying descents on the other side. Overall, it was a really lovely ride and I enjoyed myself immensely. But, boy, was it exhausting. And today I have soreness where I didn't even know a person could be sore!


Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the scenery along the way, but it was incredible. Stone houses on hill tops and bare mountains near Glasgow. Then as we got closer to Edinburgh more stone buildings, but on softer rolling hills with trees.

I have an incredible sense of accomplishment by completing this. It was a challenge. I even got a little emotional at the finish line. I chose the photo of Erin and I at the finish that fitted how we felt: a bit run down. Unfortunately, we had forgotten to put on our medals


so we don't really have any proof that we finished, you'll just have to believe us. Oh, I know, I will take a pic of the medal now and include it.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I can't believe you're walking after that! Is that your sister? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is! And I couldn't feel my bum for about 2 days after. LOL

    ReplyDelete