Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Verdict


Well, I did it. For all those who wanted me to try them, I made my way to the corner shop and bravely bought a packet of Prawn Cocktail crisps. They were....drum roll, please....actually amazingly delicious! Not so much prawn-y (thank goodness!) as cocktail sauce-y. So a bit of savoury and a bit of sweet mixed with saltiness and crunchiness. I have to say, "Shrimp crisps, where have you been all my life?" Well, maybe not that, but they are by far my favorite flavour of crisp I've had here in the UK.

So folks the moral of the story is: don't knock it until you try it. I think that may be my theme with the rest of Scottish food and culture while I am here. And, hey, why not the rest of my life?

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! And to think I almost missed this blog post! I am surprised that they're not very shrimpy.

    ReplyDelete